For over 60 years Matthews Jewellers have been creating fine jewellery to last a lifetime. Our Lifetime Guarantee is an endorsement of the quality of our jewellery and our commitment to ensure our customers enjoy their jewellery for a lifetime.
THE MATTHEWS JEWELLERS LIFETIME GUARANTEE INCLUDES:
- Free cleaning at any of our stores, at any time
- Free resizing, as needed
- Free rhodium plating, following assessment (usually required every 18-24 months)
- Free six-monthly checks by our qualified jewellers, to ensure any damage to clasps, links or settings is identified and addressed as soon as possible.
THE MATTHEWS JEWELLERS LIFETIME
GUARANTEE APPLIES TO:
- All Matthews Jewellers jewellery purchases of $1,499 or more, excluding watches
- Jewellery and gemstones supplied by Matthews Jewellers only
- Items which have been sold or inspected within the last six months. Should you miss one of your six-monthly checks, we are happy to reinstate the lifetime guarantee after the item has been inspected and determined to be free of any repair requirements.
REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENT:
If damage to your item is identified at a six-monthly inspection or within six months of your last inspection, our qualified jeweller will determine the likely cause of the damage and propose any necessary repairs.
- If the damage is due to a manufacturing fault, we will repair the item or, if necessary, replace it without charge.
- If the damage is accidental or due to wear and tear* we will provide a quote for the proposed repair.
- If a diamond or coloured stone supplied by Matthews Jewellers is lost from your jewellery due to a manufacturing fault and if it occurs within six months of your last inspection, we will gladly replace it.
- If a diamond or coloured stone supplied by Matthews Jewellers is lost from your jewellery due to accidental damage or wear and tear, we will provide a quote for replacement.
*Wear and tear refers to damage reasonably expected with regular use of jewellery over time. Examples of wear and tear may include, but are not limited to, stone claws wearing down, ring bands becoming thin or wear on pendant bails hanging from chains. These occurrences are not a manufacturing fault.
To minimise wear and tear, your fine jewellery should not be worn at all times. Jewellery may also be accidentally damaged when worn during physical activities such as exercise, working with hand tools or gardening.
Gold and other precious metals are malleable materials and these activities may result in the metal scratching, bending or cracking and gemstones becoming loose, chipped, or even falling out. Damage of this nature is not a manufacturing fault and the repair cost in these scenarios are not covered by this guarantee. We will gladly quote to carry out any necessary repair work.
- We may, at our discretion, choose not to offer this guarantee on certain types of jewellery or settings. In this instance, we will notify you the guarantee does not apply and make appropriate recommendations for care and maintenance of your jewellery.
- If a remake is required instead of a resize to obtain the desired finger size such work will not be covered by this guarantee.
- This guarantee is void if any works are carried out on the item by anyone other than Matthews Jewellers.
- This guarantee is provided to the original purchaser and is not transferrable.
- We reserve the right to change the terms of this guarantee.